Growing contract manufacturer for single use, disposable medical devices is looking for a dependable individual to join our team. The Database Engineer should be a self-driven team player who has strong organizational and communication skills.
The Database Engineer is responsible for managing, optimizing and maintaining various database servers and systems. Act as primary resource on data migration from legacy to modern ERP systems. Additionally, in this role the Database Engineer will work closely with Finance and Operations to develop Business Intelligence reporting tools, which enhance decision making and improve efficiency.
- Develop utilities and scripts for data migration from legacy to modern ERP systems
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Maintain and optimize various database servers and systems from Oracle to SQL Server
- Design and Develop Business Intelligence Dashboards and reporting tools
- Develop data warehouse and data cubes to facilitate analytics
- Act as a backup resource for ERP system support
- Work with cross functional teams to develop functional specifications for new data analytics and data collection platforms
- Work with stakeholders including various management teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure data consistency and data protection (backups, disaster recovery plans, offsite replication)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5-8+ years’ experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with ERP systems and data analytics
- Experience in relational database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle
- Familiarity with Cloud Database Platforms such as Microsoft Azure / Amazon Redshift
- Experience designing and developing Data Warehouses
- Experience in SSIS, ETL and Data Migration
- Experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards
- Working knowledge of TSQL/PSQL and other database scripting languages
- Experience developing views and stored procedures
- Experience with report writing tools such as Crystal Reports a plus
- Experience with QlikView or similar Business Intelligence platforms a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Server systems
- Experience with Microsoft Access & Excel
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with business analysts and business professionals to create functional specifications for data analytics
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
Competitive benefits offered; however, Phase 2 Medical does not offer relocation packages.
Unsolicited, Non-Contracted Agencies not subject to “finder’s fee”.