Growing contract manufacturer for single use, disposable medical devices is looking for a dependable individual to join our team. The 2nd Shift Team Lead should be a self-driven team player who has strong organizational and communication skills
Reports to: Production Manager
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership, direction and clear communication of the expectations and objectives at Phase 2. This position requires interacting effectively with various support groups such as Production Planning, Engineering, Product Development, Purchasing, Quality, Customer Service, Materials and Human Resources. This position provides supervisory and operational oversight on a basis or through Production Assistants. The position’s objective is to properly allocate and direct resources to achieve the planned goals in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.Responsibilities:
- Provide motivational leadership and direction to all associates to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals while enhancing teamwork.
- Communicate effectively with all internal contacts and support groups.
- Assist with developing, communication and maintaining measures of performance to track progress in meeting objectives.
- Ensure proper training and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Assembly Procedures (AP’s) in all operations and activities.
- Supervise the activities of the assigned departments.
- Schedule operations in a manner that prevents delays and manpower is efficiently utilized.
- Assess and address training and cross training needs of associates.
- Evaluate and manage employee performance.
- Complete and issue timely annual employee performance reviews.
- Keeps records of departmental activities, as required.
- Recommends the hiring and releasing of production personnel as required to maintain production scheduling.
- Arranges to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained.
- Collaborates with Value Stream Manager to establish working schedules to meet established company goals.
- Maintains adherence to company safety standards, polices and clean room practices.
- Ensure proper Line Setup/Line Clearing/ Product Traceability and that machinery and equipment are properly maintained.
- Maintain cancans where they exist.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and tools.
- Recommend methods to simplify manufacturing process issues and implementation of new products in the manufacturing area.
- Support cross training of production team members to allow for maximum flexibility to support unexpected changes of customer demand,
- Team with other Production Team Leaders to ensure all customer commitments are met and that labor resources are managed efficiently.
- Work closely with Value Stream Manager and serve as a primary backup.
The Team Leader is to be familiar with the following guidelines and procedures, as well as any related forms.
- Phase 2’s Quality Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Assembly/Inspection, and Test Procedures and Lot History Records
Competitive benefits offered; however, Phase 2 Medical does not offer relocation packages.
Unsolicited resumes from non-contracted recruiters will not be eligible for fees.